Bonnie L. Ayotte, MA C Psych
Hello & welcome!
We have many first steps in our lives. Our actual first steps. Our first day at school. Our first day of work. And most importantly, our first steps taken together as parents. As a photographer, I try to put myself into the shoes of my families as they take these first steps to capture the emotions they are feeling as new parents. I don’t just photograph your Little One. I photograph who they are… in all their honesty.
About my style
I simply love to photograph newborns. To capture their strength… their simplicity… in complex ways. My poses replicate what I see when viewing babies while still in the womb. Fresh babies still carry the signature of their favorite unborn positions. Using these poses results in a relaxed baby and a more timeless image.
Obsessed with making things, nearly all my props and costumes are handmade in keeping with my Old World Bohemian-Inspired style. Every image is laboriously hand painted to provide both variety and consistency throughout your gallery. The goal is quality, not quantity. You will NOT be getting images you can get “just down the street”! I shoot with printed product in mind and offer a line of stunning albums and folios handcrafted in Italy. My work features natural leathers, wood and metal, firs, wools and almost anything fluffy I can find!
I have many roles, but first and foremost, I am a mother of 30 years. I believe our children are our greatest creations. So much so, my work focuses almost entirely on babies and children. Classically trained at the prestigious Emily Carr Institute in Vancouver, BC, my aim is to see your portraits printed and displayed. This is by far not only the best way to appreciate your investment, but it sends a clear message to your children that they belong to you, and that you are proud of them. Between the spaces, I double as a family counsellor. Working with parents on their children’s portraiture is just so much more fun 🙂
While we are currently building a self-contained ultrasound theatre/photo studio on our property, the build is a little behind. In the meantime we have converted a house until the build is complete. The studios are designed for optimum comfort and creativity. We have everything you need to care for Mom and Baby… and plenty of places for a nap (highly recommended). There is plenty of parking in the adjacent lot, and a quaint coffee shop across the street. The Auguston Community is located in prestigious East Abbotsford, just above Watcom Road off Highway #1.
How it all works…
- Session Plan: By phone, email, or in the studio, this is where we review options and determine whether you want artwork for the wall, for an album or box, or for everything. Then we set the date!
- Booking Proposal: You will receive a proposal email that sets up your session and reserves your spot on our calendar. There, you will choose your session, sign the release, and pay your deposit. Then the fun part…
- Portrait Session: The big day has arrived! Session length depends on whether we are planning a few wall canvasses or a whole album. Be sure to follow your pre-session preparation instructions, then enjoy the show!
- Production: This is the hard part… the wait while we transform your images into unique works of art! Each portrait is unique and quality work takes a little longer. In about 2 weeks it’s time for…
- The Reveal: Bring your tissues. The In-Home Ordering Appointment can be a little emotional! This is when you see your images for the first time and make your product selections. We will guide you through the entire process including your order.
- Show them off: Your job is complete. It’s up to us now to make sure your artwork arrives exactly as you envisioned. Canvas is produced locally, and albums will arrive from Italy. It’s a good excuse to throw a party 🙂